Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Traffic is a pain, isn’t it?

It is the most unreliable part of working online.

You can create the best widget that the world has ever seen. You can product test it for weeks and roll out the most effective beta test the world has ever seen.

You can build the most interesting website, most glamorous marketing plan and comprehensive affiliate program known to man, but if there isn’t anyone coming to your website, you won’t sell a thing.

This happened to me just a few weeks ago. I found the coolest product with a very thorough affiliate plan, so I joined it. It was a resale rights product that I thought could be very profitable for me.

I did everything that I am supposed to do with a resale rights product, but I couldn’t for the life of me sell any. I couldn’t get more than just a few hits per day on my salespage. Not nearly enough traffic to sell any decent amount of copies.

I was going to start paying for traffic, but hesitated because I didn’t know how well the salespage was converting. Without knowing if the salespage was good enough yet, I didn’t really want to spend the money paying for traffic.

I searched around for some free traffic and against the advice of most people I talked to; I looked into using a traffic exchange.

I’ve heard positive things about traffic exchanges lately and figured why not give them a shot.

I joined a couple, but didn’t see any real positive results.

I then came across this page:
http://teprofits.com/r/business4profit/

It taught me exactly how to use traffic exchanges properly and effectively. I didn’t know there was so much effort involved in configuring a traffic exchange campaign. I thought that it was simple, but boy was I wrong.

I took the time to run my campaign and the results started coming in. I didn’t see a flood of traffic, but I saw enough to sell dozens of copies of my resale rights product.

Interesting, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment